Did you know that you can find some of the best fabric by the yard for sale on Amazon?
I had no idea Amazon was even selling fabric until I was shopping for upholstery fabric for my DIY Upholstered Farmhouse Bench. And jackpot! I found some of the best fabric by the yard for sale. I’m one of those people that hates going to the stores. It’s just kind of a hassle when you’re busy and you have little kids around. So, I buy anything and everything I can on Amazon. Seriously, diapers, paper towels, and detergent just magically appears here whenever I need it. I love that!
The bad thing about Amazon is that their search engine just isn’t that great at showing you things like upholstery fabrics, home decor and clothes. Or at least not for me. I can’t figure out how to filter it to show me just the cool and relevant stuff. You know, it’ll show me a few nice things, then it’s all the sudden horrible or completely off topic stuff. It’s like you have to know the designers name and the color for a good search.
So, I did loads and loads of searches using the designers name and different colors or descriptions. Today, I’m sharing some of the top picks that I’ve saved for later. Hopefully, I’ll find some excuses to use more of this fabric by the yard. I’ve already used 2 of the upholstery fabrics. One for my bench and another for a chair remodel… reveal coming soon.
It was so easy to buy. They delivered it within a few days and the quality is great. The fabric is strong and the colors are exactly as they looked online. So, I’m happy to share these favorites. Check out the trendy arrows and feathers. I love them! Some of these are upholstery fabric, some are for clothing and bedding, and a few are indoor/outdoor fabrics. All of them are sold as fabric by the yard. I hope this helps you find something you’ll love!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. AFFILIATES HELP YOUR FAVORITE BLOGGERS DELIVER FREE CONTENT. Make sure to always read the directions for any products or tools you use while building. Read the full disclaimer here.
The Best Fabric by the Yard with Vintage Flair or Cool Style
- Carousel Designs Taupe and Windsor Navy Baby Woodland Fabric by the Yard
- Carousel Designs Brave Fox Fabric by the Yard
- Patch – Wildland – Birch Fabrics Flowers Tepees Horses by the Yard
- Woodland Fabric Tribal Woodland Creatures Rocky Rocks Designs by the Yard by Spoonflower
- Carousel Designs Pastel Feathers Fabric by the Yard
- Carousel Designs Coral and Teal Arrows Fabric by the Yard
- Premier Prints Antlers Cool Grey Fabric By The Yard
- Arrows Fabric Fletching Arrows Pink,Grey,Mint,Peach by Littlearrowdesign Fabric by the Yard by Spoonflower
- Antlers Fabric Bohemian Princess – Floral Antlers by Bohemiangypsyjane Fabric by the Yard by Spoonflower
- Premier Prints Vintage Air Pewter/Natural Fabric By The Yard (multiple colors)
- Premier Prints Air Traffic Premier Navy Fabric By The Yard (multiple colors)
- Cotton Vintage Aviators Transportation Blue Cotton Fabric Print by the Yard
- Premier Prints Plumbago Maya Fabric By The Yard (No Longer Available)
- Premier Prints Havana Maya Fabric By The Yard (No Longer Available)
The Best Fabric by the Yard Classic Prints for Any Room
- Magnolia Home Fashions Galaxy Sail Fabric – The print I used this upholstery fabric for my DIY Farmhouse Bench.
- Magnolia Home Fashions Winchester Ikat Spa Fabric
- Magnolia Home Fashions Belmont Mist Fabric By The Yard
- Premier Prints Arrow Macon Apache Cashmere Blue Fabric By The Yard
- Magnolia Home Fashions Whisper Graphite Fabric
- Magnolia Home Fashions Dakota Grey Fabric – Using this beautiful upholstery fabric on my office chair makeover!
- Eroica Metro Linen Grey Fabric
- Premier Prints Small Dandelion Twill Storm Fabric
- 9.3 oz. Canvas Caribbean Sea Fabric (multiple colors)
- 44in Ticking Stripe Grey Fabric (multiple colors)
- Vintage Poly Burlap Dark Orange Fabric (multiple colors)
- Premier Prints Spark Vintage Indigo Fabric (only Grey Currently)
- Magnolia Homes Durango Quartz Fabric. I love that it looks like it has a little shine to it.
- Magnolia Homes Paces Grey Fabric for upholstery projects
- Charcoal & Ivory Ticking Stripe Fabric from Santee Print Works
- 60 inch Sailor Burlap Fabric available in many shades, this is Navy Blue
- Brighton Navy Upholstery Fabric by Magnolia Homes – I used this beautiful fabric on my DIY Twin Upholstered Headboards.
The Best Fabric by the Yard Outdoor Prints
- Tommy Bahama Indoor/Outdoor Redonda Coconut Fabric
- Richloom Solarium Outdoor Basalto Navy Fabric (multiple colors)
- Terrasol Indoor/Outdoor Sunsetter Navy Fabric
- Swavelle/Mill Creek Indoor/Outdoor Houssie Cinnabar Fabric
Of course, drop cloths are always awesome for strong, low cost, and pretty fabric.
And, don’t forget to check Amazon for low cost foam padding too. The big fabric stores charge twice as much as some of the Amazon sellers.
Looking for a new upholstery project so you can use this awesome fabric? Check out my DIY Farmhouse Upholstered Bench.
Feeling inspired? Get out there and make something awesome with the best fabric by the yard on Amazon! Follow the links above to get the things you’ll need. Have fun and let me know if you have questions. Or post pictures of your work and tag Abbotts At Home on FB, I’d love to see it!