This is an incredibly quick and easy Red Truck DIY, I think you’ll love!
Today, I have a Red Truck DIY Christmas Centerpiece idea that I just love and hope you do too!! I found these cute ornaments and bottle brush trees at Target. Target just knows what people like, right? It’s like they’re reading our minds. 😉 I buy most of my ornaments and Christmas supplies there.
I’m sorry to say, that little Red Truck seems to be sold out on Target’s site right now. But they have this new version of the red truck ornament that is just as cool. Or Amazon has a super cute unfinished craft truck you can paint red. And you can find other little red trucks at Target, Amazon, Walmart, Hobby Lobby, etc.
Even though you may not be able to find these exact items, don’t worry. Use this DIY to spark your own creativity and put your own spin on this project. As always, I’d love to see what you come up with. So post a picture on Facebook or Instagram and be sure to tag Abbotts At Home, so I can see it!
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. AFFILIATES HELP YOUR FAVORITE BLOGGERS DELIVER FREE CONTENT. Make sure to always read the directions for any products or tools you use while building. Read the full disclaimer here.
Materials needed for this DIY Christmas Centerpiece Idea
- Large Wood Slice, about 12″
- White Acrylic Paint
- Foam Brush for paint
- Mod Podge
- Embroidery Floss
- Bottle Brush Trees, various sizes. Pick a scale that works with the truck you find.
- Snowflake Confetti or Sparkly Snow Glitter
- A Red Truck
Steps to Make this DIY Christmas Centerpiece Idea
- Use the foam brush to apply a thick even layer of white paint to the wood slice. I like to keep it about 1/2″ from the edges to leave a pretty edge.
- After that dries, apply Mod Podge to the white paint and sprinkle with the snowflake confetti. Make sure the confetti is broken up before sprinkling or it will stick in clumps.
- While that dries, lightly wrap embroidery floss around some of your bottle brush trees.
- Pick an arrangement for the trees and truck that you like, then glue in place with the Mod Podge. If you want to use the truck again later, then skip the glue on that. :)
- How stinkin’ easy was that, right?!
Looking for more cute and crafty Christmas ideas? Try these 6 Christmas Tree Ornament Craft Ideas.
And this years, 12 handmade Christmas Ornament Ideas for the whole family.
Or, have a look at the best Vintage Christmas Decoration Ideas I’ve found this year.
Feeling inspired? Get out there and make your own . Follow the links above to get the things you’ll need. Have fun and let me know if you have questions. Don’t forget to sign up for the Abbotts At Home email newsletter to get DIY, Remodeling, and Crafty ideas in your inbox.