We’re a little more than half way through our Living Room Makeover and it’s already looking so fantastic, guys!
Welcome, welcome. For those of you that are new here, hi! I’m Stephanie. I blog about all things DIY and Home Remodeling happening in my house. I’m currently working on this Farmhouse meets Traditional Living Room Makeover as part of the Fall 2018 One Room Challenge (click the link to see more rooms). My ORC Living Room Makeover Plans (see the plans here) are a mix of DIY furniture, remodeling, and of course, lots of fun shopping finds.
On November 7th, I’ll be revealing the full makeover. I can tell already, it’s going to be pretty dramatic, friends. Technically, it looks nearly done already. But, I have a few more projects to finish. Upholstering one of our chairs with some amazing blue velvet fabric is the last big project. I can’t wait to see it. So…maybe I should get it started. Yikes, so much to do.
Here’s a little reminder of some of the before photos for this Farmhouse meets Traditional Living Room Makeover. You can see all of the Living Room before photos here.
If you saw my Shiplap Fireplace Makeover last week, you might have already seen this sneak peek at our new Living Room look. I love how light and fresh this room looks now.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. AFFILIATES HELP YOUR FAVORITE BLOGGERS DELIVER FREE CONTENT. Make sure to always read the directions for any products or tools you use while building. Read the full disclaimer here.
Farmhouse meets Traditional Living Room Makeover – Finished Ideas
- Remodel the Fireplace Wall with a Modern, Traditional Millwork Design
- Paint the Walls, Ceiling, and Crown Molding
- Build 2 new Side Tables (Plans and Tutorial coming soon, sign up for the newsletter to find out when it’s ready)
- Add a Console Table Behind our Couch
- Move the TV above the Fireplace
- Rearrange the Layout around our Great Views
Farmhouse meets Traditional Living Room Makeover – Still on the List
- Build and Upholster 2 new Ottomans
- Reupholster 2 Wing Chairs…in the worlds most amazing fabric 😉
- Add new lighting, wall art, decor, throws, pillows…basically, add the icing!
Wish me luck. I’m kinda afraid to start that wing chair upholstery project. 🙂
Feeling inspired? Now you know how we are making this Farmhouse meets Traditional Living Room Makeover happen in our home. Let me know if you have questions. Don’t forget to sign up for the Abbotts At Home email newsletter to get DIY, Remodeling, and Crafty ideas in your inbox.