It’s easy to make custom art for your kid’s room with felt. You can use their favorite pictures as a pattern!
This DIY Felt Wall Art is easy and each one is totally unique. You can pick a coloring page, printable, or even draw your own image to use as the pattern. Or, I have 12 free printable patterns to help inspire you. Just grab the download below.
Felt is easy to work with and cut. And it comes in so many great colors, and even patterns now. You can really have some fun getting creative and customizing this piece to match your kids room.
Pick a pattern that you can easily cut up and assemble. If you are handy with needlework, stitches can even add more detail to your one-of-a-kind DIY Felt Wall Art.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE HOW AFFILIATES HELP YOUR FAVORITE BLOGGERS DELIVER FREE CONTENT.
Disclaimer: Make sure to always read the directions for any products or tools you use while building. Always check for square and double-check those measurements too. Read the full disclaimer.
Materials needed for your DIY Felt Wall Art
- A Multi-Color pack of Felt or buy individual sheets at somewhere like WalMart and Hobby Lobby
- ModPodge Glue
- An Acrylic Paint Set, I love these
- A large, blank Canvas
Steps to Make the DIY Felt Wall Art
- Plan your whole canvas before starting. Pick paint and felt colors that work together. Decide what parts will be felt and find a pattern online. Or draw a pattern, if you are one of those lucky talented people!
- Cut up your pattern into color blocks that will look good. Remember to have fun with it and play around. Felt is pretty cheap, so it’s OK to make a few mistakes and changes.
- Then, start by painting the whole canvas with your base color.
- Cut up and assemble the felt pieces on top of the canvas, without gluing. This will help you scale the rest of the painted items on the canvas.
- Paint the rest of the design on the canvas.
- Once dry, glue your felt pieces in place. If you’d like, you can use a bottom piece of felt to hold the smaller pieces together. Then glue that onto the canvas.
- Now, pat yourself on the back. You’re an artist!
- I’d love to see what you’ve done. Post a picture to your Facebook or Instagram accounts and tag Abbotts At Home so I can see your new art!
Grab my 12 Free Felt Printable Patterns Here!
Each of these 12 patterns are on their own sheet of 8 x 11 1/2 paper. Each one takes up most of the full sheet. So, you can print them all or just the one you like through software like Adobe Reader.
12 Free Felt Printable Patterns, Free for my Email Newsletter Subscribers
These FREE DIY Printables are only available to email subscribers. But don’t worry, I’ll never sell or share your email with anyone. And you can always unsubscribe at anytime. I’ll be adding new items from time to time, so be sure to check your email for the latest printables. Some of these items may only be free for a limited time. So, grab them while you can!
Please note: These freebies come “as-is”. I don’t provide any customization’s at this time. Too busy around here, at the moment. But, let me know if you have a suggestion. And hopefully I can incorporate those at some time in the future.
Sign up here to get access to this printable.
Want another awesome and free printable? Check out my Mason Jar Printable now.
Or try another felt project, with 3D Felt Flowers on Wood.
Love printables? Don’t forget to sign up for my email newsletter. Subscribers get access to my free printables. I have art printables, DIY tips, and sign making printables available now. Furniture plans coming soon. Check the printable library out now.