Tired of trying to scrub away years of dirt and build up? So was I! This grout restorer and sealer is the easy fix for tired grout.
If you want to know how to change grout color quickly and easily, you’ve come to the right place. I’ve used the Dark Grey and Snow White versions of this product. Both worked perfectly. Grout Renew leaves an even, like new color across the grout. Note: I am not being paid for this post. I just really like the product and wanted to share it’s awesomeness with you. 🙂
When we moved into this house 5 years ago, I tried everything to clean the grout in this guest bathroom. It actually used to be even darker and dirtier than it looks in my before picture. The Magic Eraser was definitely the winner when it came to cleaning this grout. But even the Magic Eraser couldn’t completely restore this grout to white.
Luckily, I stumbled across Grout Renew a couple years ago when I was remodeling another bathroom. And it is the easy-to-use, miracle product I wanted. It even seals your grout to help prevent future stains. Yea! Check out MY VIDEO to see how EASY it is to apply.
You can always do a second coat of the grout renew, if needed. Also, if you have a light grout color, but really think your floor or shower will look better with a darker color, then go for it. There are over 30 colors to pick from. It will even lighten a dark grout. I don’t want to say it will turn a dark grout white without testing, but it might. I would just test a small spot, using 2 coats to verify.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. SEE HOW AFFILIATES HELP YOUR FAVORITE BLOGGERS DELIVER FREE CONTENT.
Disclaimer: Make sure to always read the directions for any products or tools you use while building. Always check for square and double-check those measurements too. Read the full disclaimer.
Materials for How to Change Grout Color
- The recommended grout cleaner for your type of tile. Find it on the Grout Renew directions.
- A clean rag and protective gloves to apply and remove the cleaner.
- A toothbush
- A disposable plastic container
- Polyblend Grout Renew
- A few clean rags or shop towels to remove the extra Grout Renew. The bigger the job, the more towels you’ll need.
Directions for How to Change Grout Color
- Start by using the grout cleaner. This is really the most important step. This will remove any build up, oils, and old sealers from your grout. Grout Renew will only be able to soak into and grip a clean, residue-free grout. Carefully pick the correct cleaner for your type of tile. The directions on the Grout Renew will tell you which cleaner you need.
- Wear protective gloves to apply the cleaner. Let it sit on the grout for the recommended time, then wipe away.
- Let the grout dry completely before applying Grout Renew. I let mine dry overnight.
- Pour some of the Grout Renew into a disposable plastic container.
- (This step shown in video) Scoop some of the cleaner up with the toothbrush and lightly scrub onto the grout. Work in 12-18″ sections. Stopping to wipe away the excess as you go. Work like this across the entire floor, wall, or counter top. Let the Grout Renew cure completely before walking on it or placing items on top.
That’s it! Time to enjoy that new grout. Sure, call the neighbors too. You’ve earned your right to show off, a little. 😉
Do you have a Heat Stain on your wood? You won’t believe how easy it is to fix. Head over to this post to watch the quick how-to video.
Check out the incredible makeover on this Office Chair I rescued from the curb.
Feeling inspired? Get out there and update your grout color . Follow the links above to get the things you’ll need. Have fun and let me know if you have questions. Or post pictures of your work and tag Abbotts At Home on FB, I’d love to see it!