Finishing off my road trip to Round Top with a visit to Junk Gypsy Headquarters and some sights around town.
Welcome, guys! Today I’m sharing some pictures from the gorgeous Junk Gypsy Headquarters in Round Top, Texas. And I’ve got pictures of some of the beautiful buildings around town. This small town is so charming and so is the rolling, green countryside around it. And I’ve got a few more Round Top Shopping Trip Tips for you all! Be sure to check out the first Round Top post for tips on where I found beautiful furniture and visiting Round Top on the weekends.
Like I mentioned last week, the latest Magnolia Journal, by Joanna Gaines, inspired me to pack up the kids and husband for a day trip to Round Top, Texas. I was actually there during the Spring Round Top Antiques Fair. But I never even made it to the main, temporary fair stalls. I spent all of my time exploring the fabulous permanent shops around town. So, by all means, you should visit Round Top on your next furniture and decor shopping trip. Just about any weekend of the year, you’ll find amazing stores open around the town of Round Top, just outside of Round Top, and in a couple neighboring small towns. It’s a furniture decor mecca in Texas, y’all!
And one of the biggest attractions is the Junk Gypsy Headquarters. This big, wonderful shop sits on a huge property a couple miles outside of Round Top. They’ve really designed it as a destination spot. I’m not sure if they have food trucks every weekend or not, but they did when we were there. AND there are hammocks, tables, and benches scattered around the porch and huge front yard. Your family can relax and enjoy a shady breeze while you enjoy some shopping. They even had Cornhole and other yard games. My boy’s happily played outside while I shopped!
Let’s get to the pictures now. Don’t forget to check out the Round Top Shopping Trip Tips at the end and tips about where to shop on the first Round Top post.
THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. AFFILIATES HELP YOUR FAVORITE BLOGGERS DELIVER FREE CONTENT. Make sure to always read the directions for any products or tools you use while building. Read the full disclaimer here.
Round Top Shopping Trip Tips: Junk Gypsy Headquarters
Round Top Shopping Trip Tips: Beautiful Scenery Everywhere
A few more Round Top Shopping Trip Tips! Be sure to see the travel tips and my favorite shops from the first Round Top post too.
- Make sure to pack your camera. This town and the surrounding countryside are really beautiful.
- If you have a few shops or restaurants on your must see list, be sure to make sure they are open before you go. This is a small town. So the shops are mostly open Wednesday or Thursday through Sunday. Some might even close for weeks at a time to freshen up their stock.
- Plan a budget before you go, you’ll want to buy ‘all the things’, guys!
- Take your trailer, truck, or extra large SUV and moving blankets or drop cloth’s. You never know what awesomeness you’ll be hauling home.
- If you’re looking for a unique place to stay, check out the Junk Gypsy Wander INN. It looks truly unique and cool!
- If I were planning a girl’s shopping weekend, I’d do a day in Round Top and a day or two in Waco. How fun would that be!! I’d love it. I also shared some tips for visiting Waco, last year. Waco is another beautiful Texan city. Definitely worth a visit. Plus, Chip and JoAnna have that new restaurant. I need to go back, soon!
- If you love a shirt or something from the Junk Gypsy shop, but can’t find the right size or color, check their site while you are there. You might be able to order it. 🙂
- AND, by all means, try that fantastic pie shop I mentioned in the first Round Top Shopping Trip Tips post. Have fun, guys!
Don’t forget to check out more furniture and home design inspiration photos from the 3rd monthly home and furniture design post too. And the 1st furniture and home design post is very popular on Pinterest. So, I hope you found something you loved in this collection of pictures. Maybe something that will spark your next room makeover. Or fun elements for furniture design ideas in your next build. See you next month!
Looking for more DIY Inspiration? Check out this DIY for a beautiful Board and Batten wall.
Or see how I transformed our Laundry Room from Orange and Tired into Awesome, with a few easy and affordable DIY Projects.
Don’t forget to sign up for the Abbotts At Home email newsletter to get DIY, Remodeling, and Crafty ideas in your inbox.